Protein is important because it:
- Builds and repairs tissues
- Produces enzymes and hormones
- Makes it possible for blood to carry oxygen throughout the body
Insufficient protein can cause:
- A loss of muscle mass
- Decreased immunity
- The weakening of the heart and respiratory systems
High Protein diets are popular because:
- Protein’s superior ability to manage hunger
- Protein’s ability to increase muscle mass, which raises your metabolism even while resting
- Protein doesn’t affect the rapid rise and fall of blood sugar the way other nutrients do, allowing you to avoid “sugar highs and lows”
Animal proteins such as red meat can be high in saturated fats and cholesterol. Try instead to get your protein from plant foods:
- Soy and other beans
- Whole grains
If you opt for animal protein, try to stick to fish and poultry, while avoiding red meats and dairy.
Recommended Herbalife Protein Sources:
- Herbalife Formula 1 Meal Replacement Shake: An excellent source of plant based protein.
- Herbalife Protein Powder: Fat free protein supplement with 5 g of soy and whey protein per serving.
Where to Buy Herbalife Protein
You can contact an independent Herbalife distributor who can provide you with the full range of Herbalife products. You can also buy Herbalife products online, directly from a website like GreatHealth.ca.