An ideal formula that contains ingredients traditionally used for menstrual pain and mental stress-related insomnia. Dong Quai Plus combines dong quai root, traditionally used in Chinese medicine to relieve pain associated with menstruation, and passionflower, traditionally used in herbal medicine as a sleep aid in cases of restlessness.
Each Dong Quai Plus tablet contains Angelica sinensis (dong quai) and Passiflora incarnata (passionflower).
- Relieves pain associated with menstruation with dong quai root
- Aids sleep (in cases of restlessness or insomnia due to mental stress) with passionflower
- Take one tablet three times daily with a meal.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, ultraviolet light (UV) or UV therapy.
- Consult a health care practicioner for use beyond six months.
- Herbal blend of dong quai root and passionflower.
- Eases the pain associated with menstruation.
Download Product Packaging Label (PDF): Herbalife Dong Quai Label
What is Don Quai?
Although dong quai grows wild in Asia, it’s also widely cultivated for medicinal purposes in China (the Angelica sinensis variety) and in Japan (A. acutiloba), where many women take it daily to maintain overall good health.The most widely available therapeutic form is derived from the root of A. sinensis, a plant with hollow stems that grows up to eight feet tall and has clusters of white flowers.When it’s in bloom, angelica resembles Queen Anne’s lace, its botanical relative.Other names for dong quai include dang gui, tang kuie, and Chinese angelica.
Although it is not considered a phytoestrogen, dong quai works as a tonic for the female reproductive organs and may be helpful for PMS and menopause. This might be due largely to aromatic compounds in dong quai root that relieve smooth muscle spasms, especially in the uterus.
Considered the primary herb for women, dong quai has many other beneficial effects on the body, which makes it useful for everyone. It is an immune system enhancer because it stimulates B and T lymphocyte activity and dong quai’s blood vessel dilating ability can lower blood pressure. The coumarins in dong quai act as vasodilators and antispasmodics.
Source: Natural Healing Guide